"Deadstar" Episode VI "Deadstar" Episode VI

Really enjoyable animation! I like the sound track themes, the voice acting is decent, and the visual style is really well done. I have no idea what's going on butI haven't watched all the previous episodes so that might be my fault. There's an eery atmosphere to most scenes. My favorite 'episode' was 5:52 onwards, i especially like the shot of the statue's indifferent face at 6:35. Great imagery!

cineman513 responds:

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I will admit that I am proud of that scene your talking about. I wasn't sure how it'd turn out.

Baphomets Promise -Subbed Baphomets Promise -Subbed

I enjoyed this but there are a few suggestions i would make. First off the font for the subtitles should be neutral and clean, and most importantly, easy to read! The subtitles don't need to be styled to suit the aesthetic of the film, they just need to be readable. Similiarly they should be consistent, the voice acting should make clear who is speaking. If you want it to be clear even for the deaf, then try using slightly different colors.
You use filters, which is a nice touch and adds some character to the animation. However you use them too often and too obviously and it becomes annoying. Try to use the overlays subtly or not at all.
The character design was decent i thought. The beast in the cave was really cool! The music was all good too, but the sound design obviously needs work as people can't hear what's being said. Either that or you need a better voice actor or microphone.
My favorite thing was the plot! Really enjoyable script, interesting dialogue and a creepy atmosphere. Good pacing too! Overall i thought it was a good flash, keep it up!

Let's Make Some "Soup" Let's Make Some "Soup"

Really good timing on the fbf, managed to really convey the sense of motion without using that many unique frames. The blink is killer! The concept is a little over done but the ending was unexpected. Good sound too, that really helped create an eery atmosphere. Overall a really fun piece, good work!

PIKARIO PIKARIO

This is the future!

I loved this game so much. I felt like a very powerful pokemon with abilities that i had never before dreamed of possessing. I wish i could jump though! I spent ages trying to jump and i couldn't do it. Is that an unlockable ability or something? Oh well it was still fun DESTROYING all those over stupid pokemon. I felt so superior and it was a real ego booster after being bullied all day at school. Thanks a bunch for making it and good luck with your future submissions.
P.S I agree with JeriahTheSwarm, a side scroller like this (WITH JUMPING) would be soooooo fun.

Official BBS Awards 2011 Official BBS Awards 2011

This is a joke right?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or to cry.

NGBBS MidYear Awards 2011 NGBBS MidYear Awards 2011

Groovy

Good work on this, i like the idea of laying it out like the BBS. The music was horrid but there was a mute button so that's ok. Thanks for making this!

Manly-Chicken responds:

Welcome.

I used the bbs awards music.

Over the Summer Sea Over the Summer Sea

Very nice and relaxing. The contrast between the sweet, smooth piano and the incessant drilling is almost comical! I would move your microphone a little further away from the piano as the recording clips when you play loudly.

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review and the recorder tip! I'll certainly do that next time. :)

cabbage_flowers cabbage_flowers

Very unexpected tempo shifts. The timpani was nice and the instruments sounded good despite not sounding particularly realistic. I really liked the flute playing solo at 1:24, very ethereal. The melodies were leafy.

Zump responds:

Thank you for that last part, it means a lot to me. The vegetable genre is very under-appreciated these days.

Mary is missing Mary is missing

Love this one! Your voice and singing style are very distinct and unlike most internet singers i hear you don't sound like your trying to imitate anyone (perhaps your just imitating someone i don't know ha ha). I thought the mixing was pretty good, have you just panned vocals apart or have you actually got two different recordings of the same verse playing at once? Either way it sounds nice. I like the string instrument that plays in my left ear at 0:57, the things like that throughout the song are nice additional details that keep it interesting.
Very enjoyable, i was happy to see you'd released a new song!

newhansen responds:

Thx for you review, Pied3! The voices are recorded twice and panned to L and R. Though, i tried to record one vocal track in the middle and that works too. Great to hear that it sounds distinct ^^

Alien Alien

Ha ha, love that facial expression. Would be nice to see it with a background! Some of the gradients look a little cheap. I don't know much about art so can't give great advice but there's my two cents. Awesome character!

Bolin and Pabu Bolin and Pabu

I don't know where the characters are from but the picture is great. I love the composition and the background, the way the character sort of leans on the frame and extends out of the coloured square gives him a real corporal feel as though i could just reach out and touch him. I don't know much about art so i don't have any advice to give but i just wanted to say good job!

CJ2 - I Fell For You - Pt. 2 CJ2 - I Fell For You - Pt. 2

That dialogue is atrocious! Come on, show don't tell. He really didn't need to say "I've always hated the rain due to my paralysis" when we've just seen him get paralysed in the rain and say "fuck off" to someone who said they liked the rain. Have a bit more faith in the subtleties of your story telling! I think the problem is you chose to large a story for such a short comic, and so the character blurts out unrealistically everything he's thinking so as to reach a conclusion in 1 panel. The story is quite nice, and i like your art style, but you need to think about pacing and dialogue.